The benefits of this perfect law is given to us here in this Psalm:
- Revival of the soul - LIFE that is LIFE
- It is a sure testimony - a word that we can trust to the uttermost
- It makes wise the simple - in life's many turns and travails, wisdom is more precious than gold! What the heck should I do now? The law of the Lord brings wisdom
- His precepts are right in a world confused about right and wrong
- Rejoicing the heart - in a world of sorrows, there is a rejoicing in the word of the Lord
- The commandments of the Lord are pure, clean without impurity - O how wonderful in a world that is stained through and through. This pure Word enlightens the eyes
- The fear of the Lord is clean, his judgements are righteous - altogether righteous
For such reasons this WORD is to be more desired than gold - even much fine gold - even all the gold in fort knox. It is the most precious item given to humanity. It is a sweet tasting delicacy, a grace given to us from very God of very God. Not only this - in keeping his Word, there is great reward; the life lived in obedience to God IS THE MOST JOYFUL life, full of pleasures at God's right hand forevermore. In light of his sin, the Psalmist ends with a great plea to God...
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.How it is often not true of my own life - but how I long it to be.