- People are being killed over cartoons and the violence is spreading. This time it is Europe who is under the gaze of the militant in the middle east.
- These people are making things like "making a cartoon of the prophet" with the holocaust. "In a new twist, Iran's best-selling newspaper on Tuesday launched a competition to find the best Holocaust cartoon." Now som will say, this is how offensive depicting Mohammed is to radical Muslims. But this just reinforces my point. The killing of six million Jews in the Holocaust is in no where close to the same moral universe as drawing a cartoon of a so called prophet. The moral vision and religious perspective that says otherwise we must reject as severely flawed, yes, evil and dangerous.
- In Turkey, a high school student arrested on suspicion of killing a Catholic priest told police he was influenced by seeing the cartoons. The priest was shot dead while praying. Now "the cartoons made me do it" is a defense for murder for a young man in Turkey. You ask if this is reasonable.
- Militants in Iraq have called for the seizure and killing of Danes and the boycott of Danish goods. In London, there were placards demanding the beheading (yes, beheading) of those who insulted Islam. Iraq and London. Europe must sleep no longer.
- Iran, which has withdrawn its ambassador from Denmark and which has moved to the front-line of the confrontation, said the cartoons had "launched an anti-Islamic and Islamophobic current which will be answered." This of course does not mean that someone will write an editorial response to answer the cartoons. No, this most likely means "someone will die"
When he (Jesus) was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. 1 Peter 2:23But Mohammed is the one who wrote:
Is there a difference? A few links of note: http://www.jihadwatch.org/ http://www.answeringislam.org/ ... --------
Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits, for Allah does not love transgressors. 2:190
And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out, for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter. 2:191
And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and let there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression. 2:193
Fighting is prescribed for you, and you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and that you love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not. 2:216
Let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of Allah, - whether he is slain or gets victory – soon shall We give him a reward of great value. 4:74