Power of Change exists to serve the church to impact and influence emerging post-Christian generations with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Much is being written about the growing demographic of young people identifying "none" as their religious preference in our culture. The rising spiritual disinterest and even hostility to the Christian faith in Western civilization is a rising tide in our generation. Researchers note that the most unlikely person to be in church and faithfully following Jesus is a young man in his 20s. Many of these people are part of emerging generations in the post-Christian West that need to hear and see an authentic representation of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Men need to see what it looks like to follow him in their homes, in their churches and in their cities. University students need to hear the gospel and see their lives directed towards Christ and Kingdom in the formative years of their lives.
It is the hope of Power of Change to impact and influence this emerging generation. The university campus is the place of my own spiritual awakening and conversion to Jesus. We desire to work with and serve campus ministries to root and establish faith during those pivotal years. In my own journey I have sought to learn what it means to live as a humble, gospel-centered man that brings life to others. I want to help young men in that same journey in serving others, being a husband and a dad and giving their lives in the missional work of the local church.
Our hope and prayer is to continue to invest our lives to engage university students and athletes, local church leaders, church planters and young men in the years ahead. Our hope is to catalyze others to live their lives for the glory of God, the good of their communities by extending hope to others through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Our profound belief is the power of change is found in the power of God and that conversion, life change and gospel-driven renewal can take place in every generation until Christ’s kingdom comes.
- Thoughtful and Respectful Engagement As we seek to impact people in culture we desire to think deeply about life, faith and the ideas of the world while engaging them with kindness and civility. (1 Peter 3:15, Colossians 4:2-6)
- Behind the Scenes Ministry We do not desire to be center stage in life and mission but to joyfully and intentionally serve in a behind the scenes fashion. If we can be the most impactful and influential people that no one has ever heard about, we will be grateful for this post in the Kingdom. (John 3:30; Philippians 2:1-11)
- Rooting and Establishing Deep roots grow movements and strong foundations stand the test of time. We desire to see men, marriages, families and churches rooted and established in both love and truth to influence generations to come. (Colossians 2:6, 7; 1 Peter 2:1-12; Psalm 145:1-7; 1 Timothy 5:1, 2, Ephesians 5-6)
- Mentoring and Coaching Our hope is to invest in others who are on the front lines of gospel mission with mentoring and coaching. We desire to be “player coaches” who come along side those who seek to impact and influence others for Jesus Christ. (2 Timothy 2:1-7; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Matthew 28:18-20)
- The Primacy of Families and the Local Church We believe that local churches, communities living out the mission of Jesus, are the primary center for Kingdom work and expansion. As such we value local church authority and investing our lives to strengthen churches and support her mission and ministry. (Acts 16; Ephesians 2; 1 Timothy 3)