Psalm 12 In this present age there is a a contrast in Words
The world and its words
- Uttering lies to his neighbor
- Flattering lips and a double heart - they speak
- The tongue makes great boasts
- Rhetoric is seen as the triumphant tool - With our tongue we will prevail
God and his Word
- Pure Words (no falsehood or pretense - life giving...His Word is kept - we can trust them.
God indeed responds to those who are poor and plundered. He hears the cries of the oppressed. The Psalm ends with a great promise...You, O Lord, will keep them, you will guard this generation forever. Even in the midst of a troubled world, full of wickedness, vileness, and sin - God will bring his people safely home - even through death.