There are several articles out there on the recent Muslim response to a speech made by Pope Benedict. Very interesting to see how the press and the editorials are reacting...
- Iranian Leader Urges For Papal Protests - ABC News
- Pope Says "Sorry" about Reaction to His Remarks - Washington Post
- Let the Pope Preach Times London
- Why the Pope was Right - Times London
- Benedict the Brave - The Wall Street Journal
Even in London, some people may be waking up. I'll close with a quote from the article "Let the Pope Preach"
The Vatican has said he is very sorry his speech caused such offence to Muslims. That is fine but it should not go further than that. He should certainly not be pushed into withdrawing his remarks. As in the case of the Danish cartoons, Muslim zealots are trying to impose their restrictions of free expression on the West. Mindful as we should be of religious sensitivities, that cannot be allowed to happen.
Yet is it too late for a Postmodern, population imploding, cannot stand for anything Europe to change? Only time will tell...