- Sojourn Music is about to pop out Over the Grave Vol 1 - their new arrangements of Issac Watts’ hymnology.
- How Tim Keller found Manhattan - good story on the beginnings of Redeemer Pres, NYC.
Gospel and Culture
Two new books on God/secular/Atheism type stuff are floating around and getting some interesting discussion…
- Reason, Faith, and Revolution by Terry Eagleton - interesting use of “Ditchkins” to describe ideas of Dawkins/Hitchens…funny. Discussion of the book here.
- Editors of The Economist study how religion is not going away with modernity…but rather is on the rise. God is Back: How the Revival of Religion is Changing the World, by Economist journalists John Micklethwait and Adrian Wooldridge. Review by the The Humanist (a not so excited about God mag in the UK).
- A little more on the Globalization of faith from the Pew Forum and Peter Berger a few years back.
- Paul Helms Deep continues a wranglin with compatibalist middle knowledge