Pro - Why this could be good
- Every generation does not understand or been exposed to the historical discussions (Pelagius/Augustine, Luther/Erasmus, Whitfield/Wesley, White/Caner???) surrounding election, sovereignty, foreknowledge, etc.
- Believers are a bit doctrinally apathetic...well, lets just say ridiculously, sadly, pathetically even, doctrinally apathetic. So this debate shows that doctrine matters.
- Some may be encourage at the majesty of God seen in the Bible through a debate like this.
- I just love debates...I am convinced this is predestined, I just can't help it.
- Here we have major teachers, professors, evangelists, apologists "going at each other" - don't we have enough deceitful philosophies "out there" to deal with rather than putting all this energy into intramurals?
- Could this not just polarize the Calvinist groupies and the Arminian groupies and make a big mess?
- Are there not enough people needing compassion and the gospel that need our attention rather than putting our efforts into such an event?